Note: This page has been preserved as part of the old National Reading Panel website:
National Reading Panel Publications and Materials
In April 2000, the National Reading Panel (NRP) released its research-based findings in two reports and a video entitled, “Teaching Children to Read.”
Written materials may be viewed online in HTML format or downloaded in PDF format. You may also order NRP publications and materials, including the full-length 20-minute video, from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Clearinghouse.
NRP Publications and Materials are Copyright-Free
NRP materials are in the public domain and have no copyright; therefore, you may print and reproduce any of these materials. If you use any part of these materials elsewhere, we ask that you provide a reference to the NRP.
See an example of how to reference NRP publications.
Descriptions of NRP Publications and Materials
Follow the links below to read descriptions of these publications.
- Summary Report (April 13, 2000)
- Reports of the Subgroups (April 13, 2000)
- Teaching Children to Read—Video, 2nd Edition (April, 2002)
- 1999 NRP Progress Report (February 22, 1999)
The NRP Web site contains publications that have not been authored by the National Reading Panel, but are related to reading or contain references to the work of the NRP.
Follow the link below to read a description of this publication.
- Put Reading First: The Research Building Blocks for Teaching Children to Read (September 2001)
- Put Reading First: Helping Your Child Learn to Read (September 2001)
- No Child Left Behind education law (January 2001)